Kelley Word, RN, MSN, Lead School Nurse
Muscle Shoals City Schools Health Service's Department, in collaboration with parents and the community, is dedicated to the promotion of health and wellness for all students and staff. The school health service's department is designed to:
1. Assure access and and/or referral to primary health care services.
2. Foster appropriate use of primary health care services.
3. Prevent and control communicable diseases and other health conditions.
4. Manage chronic disease.
5. Provide emergency care for illness and/or injury.
6. Provide education and counseling for the promotion and maintainance of student, family, staff, and community wellness.