• New Student Registration Procedure

    Resident Students

    (Residence must be located within the city limits of Muscle Shoals; not all Muscle Shoals mailing addresses are inside the city limits.)

    Provide two current proofs of residency:

    • One must be a Muscle Shoals Electric Board bill.
    • Each proof of residence must show the name of the parent/guardian and the physical address of the residence.
    • A driver's license is not an acceptable proof of residence.

    Examples of acceptable documentation:

    • Lease/rent agreement
    • Real estate contract/proof of home ownership
    • Cable television bill
    • Cell phone bill
    • Gas bill (only as second proof)

     Resident students will be accepted conditionally pending confirmation of residency.

    Additional Materials Needed for Registration:

    • Students registering at Muscle Shoals High School must make an appointment with one of our three counselors to conduct an academic credit check. 
    • Blue Immunization Form
      • This is a State of Alabama document available from all licensed medical facilities and Health Departments in the state. The Colbert County Health Department is located at 1000 S. Jackson Highway in Sheffield (256-383-1231) and the Lauderdale County Health Department is located at 4112 Chisholm Road in Florence (256-764-7453).
    • Child's Social Security card (may be a copy)
      • The Social Security office is located at 205 S. Walnut Street in Florence (256-767-3138). They should be able to assist you with applying for a replacement card if necessary.
    • Child's Birth Certificate (may be a copy)
      • For information on obtaining a replacement copy of a birth certificate, contact the Colbert County Health department at (256-383-1231) or the Lauderdale County Health Department at (256-764-7453).
    • Custody or guardianship papers
      • Custody/guardianship must be established by the courts and signed by a judge. Free or reduced-cost assistance with this may be available through Legal Services (256-767-2022).
    • Copy of the student's last report card, standardized test scores, and any other documentation sent from the school where he/she was previously enrolled (if available).
    • Employment Survey (All Kindergarten students and transfer students)